Neighbor to Neighbor Cleveland Program | Community Engagement Specialist
Program Background: The Neighbor to Neighbor Cleveland Program (N2N) – a Cleveland Community Engagement and Data Collection Project - is designed to build community engagement and organizing capacity across Cleveland neighborhoods, as well as create a platform for collecting granular community-level data on the digital divide and tax foreclosures across the city. The data is expected to guide strategic investments and interventions to achieve digital equity for Cleveland and for the most impacted Cleveland residents.
N2N Community Engagement Specialist: The ideal candidate is passionate about Cleveland neighborhoods and residents and has a service leadership mentality – placing the growth and well-being of people and the communities to which they belong first and foremost. The candidate should be a problem-solver, good listener, and patient. This person should also enjoy developing relationships, working with diverse groups of people, and helping residents work though challenges they are facing.
N2N Community Engagement Specialists will report to the Manager of Organizing and Community Engagement at Cleveland Neighborhood Progress (CNP) and the Community Development Corporation’s (CDC) Executive Director or their designee. The specialists will be housed at their respective CDC and will be part of a cohort of specialists deployed across the City.
The Community Engagement Specialist will focus on concentrated areas for data collection in their neighborhood that are prioritized by their CDC Executive Director and CNP’s Manager of Organizing and Community Engagement
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- Working with their CDC and CNP’s Manager of Organizing and Community Engagement to identify and determine which areas of the neighborhood to begin outreach and engagement efforts
- Building trust and developing relationships with community residents around digital access, literacy and other quality of life issues
- Connecting residents with resources available through the City of Cleveland, local nonprofits, and organizations
- Recruiting and supervising resident community ambassadors
- Collecting, inputting, and tracking field data from resident community ambassador teams
- Routinely convene with the CNP Manager of Organizing and Community Engagement and as part of a cohort for peer-to- peer learning, mentorship, and assistance
- Engage in Door-knocking campaigns and attending events to meet neighbors where they are comfortable
- Working in a neighborhood where a variety of languages are spoken and engaging people in a culturally competent way
- A High School diploma or GED is required; Bachelor’s degree in social work, urban planning, public affairs, communications or another related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in community building, engagement, or serving clients in a social service environment
- Comfortable with data collection, management and reporting as well as software and technology (such as personal computers, handheld devices, Microsoft Office Suites)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohort/collaborative team
- A valid State of Ohio Driver’s License is required
- Reliable transportation to conduct field surveys is preferred
- Willingness to work with populations from all kinds of backgrounds
- Spanish preferred but not required
Please send a cover letter and your resume to Adam Gifford at email@example.com