Updated March 11, 2021.
The City of Cleveland has opened its 2021 Paint Program, which provides free vouchers for exterior paint and supplies for owner-occupants and tenants.
YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR UP TO $600.00 IN FREE PAINT AND SUPPLIES
LABOR NOT INCLUDED - APPLICANT MUST PAINT THEIR HOME OR HIRE CONTRACTOR.
Owner-occupants and tenants are welcome to apply. Owner-occupants are eligible for up to $600 in paint vouchers and tenants are eligible for up to $400. Applications must be received at City Hall by February 28th, 2021.
The vouchers will only cover paint and supplies. LABOR IS EXCLUDED. If accepted into the program, the applicant must attend Lead Safe Work Practice Class.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Original deadline was Friday, February 28, 2021. DEADLINE EXTENDED: April 30, 2021
PROVIDE PROOF OF OCCUPANCY (Copy of water bill, W-2)
VERIFY ALL HOUSEHOLD INCOME. This program is for low- to moderate- income families based on total household income. Reference the table on page 1 of the application to see if your household qualifies. Participants must verify ALL household income. Acceptable forms of income verification to include with your application are as follows:
IF YOU QUALIFY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- If currently employed, two (2) current consecutive paycheck stubs;
- If unemployed, copy of current unemployment benefits;
- Retirement/Pension Statement;
- Public Assistance Award letter;
- OR Social Security/ SSI statements (1-800-772-1213) to request proof
Exterior Paint Program Instructions
VOUCHERS: Contact the Division of Neighborhood Services for Paint Vouchers.
- If you are accepted into the program you must attend a Lead Safe Work Practice class. Once you have completed the class you will receive instructions on how to obtain your paint and supply vouchers.
- After you attend a Lead Safe Work Practice training, contact your Community Engagement Specialist to receive a supply voucher.
- Once you prep the house for painting, contact the Community Engagement Specialist to receive a voucher for paint and any additional instructions.
- You must fully paint your house between April 1, 2021 and October 31, 2021.
- When you have finished painting your home, CONTACT US AT (216) 664-2045 or (216) 664-3385 TO OBTAIN CLEARANCE INSPECTION.
DO NOT PURCHASE PAINT—MUST USE PAINT VOUCHER!
Contact the City using the following information: Department of Community Development Attention: Exterior Paint Program 601 Lakeside Avenue Room #302 Cleveland, Ohio 44114 or call: (216) 664-2045 or (216) 664-3385